[lbo-talk] Hezbollah Attacks on UN

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 19:05:59 PDT 2006

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are you implying that anti-semitism is at work here?

Not really implying, more thinking aloud as to whether anti-semitism is at work here.

I think one element of anti-semitism camouflaged as anti-Zionism is the perception of Isreal as an unhealthy, aberrant exception to an otherwise normal and functioning community of states. International law is universally observed everywhere, but Israel is the wild one.

This kind of thinking discourages us from thinking about capital, about the commodity form, about the state form, about the institutional violence of the state. Instead, states are normal, natural, eternal aspects of human society, and Israel and the U.S. are just bad states.

I think rouge states talk is stupid, regardless of the target. It's sad and pathetic when the left just tries to turn it around and use it against different targets.