[lbo-talk] Hezbollah Attacks on UN

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 08:00:50 PDT 2006

> Jews do have a long history of being the repository
> of anti-
> capitalist feeelings. It's uncanny how often
> producerist/nationalist
> ideologies try to split the "good," "productive"
> aspects of
> capitalism from its alleged excesses, particularly
> financialization
> and internationalization, and then indict the Jews
> (the rootless
> cosmopolitans) as the parties responsible for the
> bad stuff. It's not
> a necessity, but it sure happens a lot.

Do you really see anti-Semitism as a real potential force in American or European society except at the fringes? This is making me scratch my head. In the Middle East, sure. In New York or Berlin or Prague? No way.

Anyway I don't see how Jews are thought of as being more rootlessly cosmopolitan than anybody else nowadays. They've got a state. Why Jews and not, I don't know, the Chinese?