[lbo-talk] Hezbollah Attacks on UN

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 28 09:31:12 PDT 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> Do you really see anti-Semitism as a real potential
> force in American or European society except at the
> fringes?

It's really not anywhere the top of the list of urgent problems in the U.S., for sure, but you never know what could happen. There were anti-Semitic books published in Japan, which must have 17 resident Jews, in the 1980s and 1990s. It's an old phantasmic reliable that pops up all over time & place.

> Anyway I don't see how Jews are thought of as being
> more rootlessly cosmopolitan than anybody else
> nowadays. They've got a state. Why Jews and not, I
> don't know, the Chinese?

Yeah, it could happen to the Chinese - in fact it has, in places like Malaysia and Uganda, no?

Doug