[lbo-talk] Re: Hezbollah Attacks on UN

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 28 09:50:07 PDT 2006

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:00:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Hezbollah Attacks on UN
> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>
>.
>
> Anyway I don't see how Jews are thought of as being
> more rootlessly cosmopolitan than anybody else
> nowadays. They've got a state. Why Jews and not, I
> don't know, the Chinese?

ethnic Chinese occupy the cultural and economic position which the Jews occupy in Europe across SouthEast Asia. Pretty much the first thing that happens in any of these states after a popular revolution is a massacre of the ethnic Chinese. I think that close to a quarter million of them were killed in Indonesia at the beginning of the "Years of Living Dangerously".

IIRC, Armenians also used to occupy this niche in their part of the world.

dd

___________________________________________________________ All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html