[lbo-talk] Damn Arabs....

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 10:24:56 PDT 2006

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> It's ridiculous to call anti-zionist feeling/action
> in the middle east
> anti-semitic.

Well, while I do think it is wrong and racist to act as if only Arabs are anti-semitic, which is what the CDU does in order to justify it's anti-immigrant policies, arguing that Arab and Muslim immigrants are a "parallel society" in order to get European anti-semitism off the hook, I think it is also wrong to say that there is no anti-semitism in these societies.

Mein Kampf and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are popular in some book stalls in the region. And Hamas' program, for example, shows this influence. One could argue that this is the result of Israel's sometimes brutal policies, but I think this is mistaken. First, because it is a repetition of the classical anti-semitic argument that if there is anti-semitism, than the Jews themselves are responsible for it. And second, every conscious subject has a choice as to how to respond when Israel does bad things. Choosing anti-semitism is a conscious decision, not something to be excused.