[lbo-talk] A documentary on Russia's "1991" and "1993"

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 07:02:15 PDT 2006

I plan to start (and hopefully finish) a television documentary in August on the political events in Russia in 1991 and 1993. This is my first attempt to make a documentary. Needless to say, I am looking for anything – in Russian and English – I can get my hands on the events in 1991 and 1993. I would appreciate any papers, academic, web sources etc and anything that will further my research. Also, any thoughts on the two years will be welcomed. My “mission” for the documentary is basically the following: 1. to educate, 2. present differing interpretations, and 3. how these events influenced Russia's future.