[lbo-talk] Germans should stop feeling Holocaust guilt: Ahmadinejad

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 08:37:15 PDT 2006

Actually I think he's right (if not for the right reasons). The German Cult of Mitschuldigkeit is largely self-flaggelating ritual masochism. Given that most Germans weren't even alive at the time makes it even more lame. It's fake guiltCrippling for the national psyche actually.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2006-05-28T152033Z_01_L28632352_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAN-AHMADINEJAD-HOLOCAUST.xml&archived=False

> Sun May 28, 2006
>
> By Erik Kirschbaum
>
> BERLIN (Reuters) - Iran's President Mahmoud
> Ahmadinejad told Germans they
> should no longer allow themselves to be held
> prisoner by a sense of guilt
> over the Holocaust and reiterated doubts that the
> Holocaust even happened.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!