[lbo-talk] Germans should stop feeling Holocaust guilt: Ahmadinejad

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 08:50:28 PDT 2006

On 6/1/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ... Crippling for the national psyche actually.<

It would be a good thing if we could get away from such notions as the "national psyche." I know it's shorthand so one doesn't have to say "most Germans are psychologically crippled by guilt concerning the Holocaust." But the "national psyche" seems a total myth, the kind of myth that fuels nationalisms of the worst kind. -- Jim Devine / "Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden." -- Orson Scott Card