[lbo-talk] Re: Aundhati Roy on the brewing instability in India

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 08:43:14 PDT 2006

Are Dwayne and his friends major
> exploiters?

I think that we should expropriate Dwayne's property in the name of the working class. I call dibs on the DVD collection and car. ;)

I don't know what annoys me more, the "glorious model of globalism is raising the Third World to empyrean heights" rhetoric of Friedman* or the Poverty Pornography of someone like Pilger. I can't stand Pilger. That stuff is written with one hand.

*I actually would barely know this stuff was getting printed about India in the Angloworld were it not for this list. I haven't seen it discussed at all in the Russian press. There's a lot of stuff about poor Chinese fleeing the "Chinese economic miracle" to immigrate illegally to Russia however. ;)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!