[lbo-talk] Language of Contempt

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sat Jun 3 10:01:54 PDT 2006

At 01:47 PM 6/3/2006, Miles Jackson wrote:
>J's on to something here: there's also "cocksucker" as an epithet for
>men. We don't express contempt for men by talking about the number of
>sexual partners they have; the big insult is--doing what gay men or het
>women do!
>
>Miles

Or, just being women: pussy, bitch, cunt, girl, girlie men, little girl, etc.

I've written about the way people use "slut" to regulate women's sexuality as if it were some sort of good htat must be lmited in order to maintain our value to men. Which is interesting, to me, since a faction of feminists still think it's perfectly a-ok to identify other women as "sluts" who "dress like whores" and where "hooker boots" etc.

"The Slut as Scab":

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/03/20/slut-scab/ http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/03/20/spring-shes-sprung-the-slut/

There are whole articles, books, and even a film on this topic already. I'm surprised it's considered an interesting and new insight!

oh wait!

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org