[lbo-talk] Language of Contempt

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sat Jun 3 13:16:26 PDT 2006

Jesus! I just read the thread at Marxism-L when Louise Walker objected to the use of "whore" in the subject line of a post, an argument which prompted Carrol's post sent (by mistake) to this list.

I was just having an argument with ilestre, who's a big Marxist from France, about the degree to which Marxist men still express a great deal of hostility to feminism. And there it is for everyone to see: about half the respondents think her objection was hogwash, resent feminism, see it as bourgeois bullshit, etc. Were it not for Carrol, Lou, Les Schafer, and a few others, you'd think it was still 1967 on that list.

http://www.marxmail.org/threads.html#12011

I don't think that link is permanent, so it may not be the thread in question in a few days.

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org