[lbo-talk] Language of Contempt

Louis Kontos lkontos at mac.com
Sat Jun 3 17:04:50 PDT 2006

I think the objection was hogwash, and I am neither anti- feminist nor anti- any other good thing. The post from 'Louise' was in response to a single word in response to a post that she agreed with (apparently, in that she hasn't taken issue with a single other word, phrase, or sentiment in that post -- nothing). Then Carrol and a few others respond to her post by voicing support, and a few others respond by taking issue with language-cencorship while admitting that they should be more self-reflective. Only one post that I read claimed the right to use the term 'whore' without regard to whatever offense anybody -- 'commrades' -- took to it. From this exchange you've found proof of a 'great hostility' among 'Marxist men' to 'feminism'. Seriously? Louis