Not so Obvious, was Re: [lbo-talk] Language of Contempt

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 5 20:52:37 PDT 2006

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> And I hate open this can of worms again, but there is
> an obvious sociobiological explanation for the double
> standard, which does not of course mean it is
> unchangeable or justifiable.

This may be so, but on the basis of the posts from Miles and Jenny it would seem to be far from obvious. In fact the most obvious explanation is cultural -- and fairly recent in human history. There seems to be _no_ biological evidence that such is the case, or at least no evidence has been provided.

Carrol