[lbo-talk] Re: language of contempt

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue Jun 6 04:39:28 PDT 2006

And, if they didn't get laid way more, they surely know that it wasn't prudery standing in the way, but discernment. heh.

Jenny and Miles, a question. What about some anthropological research that suggests that some groups may not have even understood how reproduction works. That is, they assumed parthenogenesis. I remember reading a few books, years ago, in which it was argued that humans probably didn't know how reproduction worked -- requiring a male and female -- and assumed parthenogenesis.

But I'm not sure how sound that interpretation of anthropological evidence was at the time or if it's been undermined since I read it (would have been the 1989-1991 that I read this material)

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org