[lbo-talk] Language of Contempt

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Mon Jun 5 06:27:35 PDT 2006

info at pulpculture.org wrote:

> There are whole articles, books, and even a film on this topic already. I'm
> surprised it's considered an interesting and new insight!

What should be surprising but isn't is how many men on two different _left_ lists try to theorize the central point out of existence. Carrol <<<<<>>>>>

i tried sending below a couple of times over the weekend but e-mail service was intermittent and i apparently couldn't send anything...

Lenin chided Clara Zetkin for organizing around sexual issues among German working women. Trotsky referred to Alexandra Kollonatai as a 'valkyrie'. Lenin falsely implied, in a speech to the 10th Party Congress, that Kollontai was engaged in an illict affair. Lesser male Bolsheviks attacked her sexual theories and behavior as promiscuous. Michael Hoover

Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.