[lbo-talk] Chomsky on sociobiology

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 12:39:49 PDT 2006

I am sorry but there maybe an infelicity of expression here.

What is at issue here is the relative amount of energy & time of dependency upon parenting before the new born reaches maturity and is able to fend for itself within the species troop. Homonid sapiens take a much longer time to mature than apes.

But if you wish to see what I mean please see the following article: Evolutionary Context of Human Development: the Cooperative Breeding Model by S. Hrdy http://www.citrona.com/02Hrdy.pdf