[lbo-talk] Re: Don't mention the War!

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 19:39:40 PDT 2006

--- Nathaniel Thomas <nathaniel.thomas at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Antideutsch statements

Actually, I'm not one of the Anti-Germans, and consider them political opponents, more or less (the ones within the sphere of influence of Bahamas and the ISF Freiburg, anyway).

A critical solidarity with Israel is not an exclusively Anti-German position, but I think it appears so to English and American audiences, for whom the very idea is a novelty, and who then tend to attribute it exclusively to the Anti-Germans.

My position is close to that of Robert Kurz and the Exit! group, as well as their former comrades in the Krisis group. If you follow the German left at all, you'd know that not only are they opponents of the Anti-Germans, Kurz actually wrote a book-length polemic against them <http://www.unrast-verlag.de/unrast,2,134,13.html>

My position on Israel is more or less that formulated by Kurz in the book mentioned in the link above as well as in his book _Weltordnungskriege_.

If anything, the most problematic aspect of the Anti-Germans is how they get Israel solidarity all wrong and end up discrediting it.

As for the rest of your post, you sort of suggest that it is off limits to compare Palestinians to Silesians and Sudeten Germans, but don't really say why, other than to kind of imply that the suggestion itself is absurd and below discussion.