[lbo-talk] Re: language of contempt

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 07:14:07 PDT 2006

Guest wrote:

It seems more likely to me that with NO stigma attached to sex, women everywhere would just line up to screw the same .01 percent of 11-foot tall billionaire fighter pilots over and over again causing all other paternal gene lines to fail in a single generation.

Ok I'm MOSTLY kidding.

Life, or 'nature' is, I'm sure you'll agree, full of mysteries.

Some are profound: are there multiple dimensions? Others seem mundane because of their everyday-ness but are no less perplexing: why do some people enjoy a life filled with sexual adventure while others only download and dream?

There are no satisfactory answers.

A debate on this topic could produce enough words to stretch end to end from here to the galaxy's outermost edge and still fail to shed any light (and now, with the evo-psychotarians on the case, a scientific certainty – or perhaps 'the certainty of scientism' – adds further murkiness).

Right now, a good friend of mine, as broke as a squirrel who failed to store up for the winter, and so relentlessly mind altered he considered joining the LAPD just to get his hands on a patrol car – because, you know, they're fun to crash and watch burn – is MySpacing his way through a series of wet and wild situations that make even Satan blush.

How can this be? Who knows? No doubt the mojitos help.

.d.

--------- Ice cream free since 1992!

http://monroelab.net/blog/