[lbo-talk] Karl Rove Beats The Rap

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 13 12:01:25 PDT 2006

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> > you have been reading my blog! that's why i've been calling it the
> > 'unscandal'. heh.
>
> As have I, going back to Oct.
>
> <http://redstateson.blogspot.com/2005/10/systemic.html>

Where Dennis writes:

Do I simplify? I've been listening to a lot of lib radio of late, and I can't count how many pro-Dem callers have said that Fitzgerald is payback for Ken Starr; that, to quote Clinton/Gore supporters circa 1992, "It's our turn." Fine and dandy in the short run. I have zero sympathy for the crooks currently occupying the White House, and watching them marched out in chains would be uplifting, though momentarily so. For if all these happy libs get their wish, then what? How do we extricate ourselves from the corpse-strewn muck? What exactly is the lib exit strategy?

You probably know the answer to that: [Excellent portrait of HRC]

----

Very good. It reminds me however of a bothersome side-effect of opposition to the despicable HRClinton. Everytime we sneer at her we are, willy-nilly, drawing on sexist responses to uppity women. I'm not arguing the attacks should stop, but merely pointing out a contingent difficulty.

Carrol