[lbo-talk] violent crime up

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 13 21:42:43 PDT 2006

Jordan wrote

> >Not to mention there's a pretty big difference between a single
> >action revolver like those used in the old west and the weapons
> >available now.

>Actually very little difference, especially in the way that they are
>used that you are talking about.

>Next?

Right. There's a big problem here in Los Angeles with six-shooter drive bys.

>Do you realize how dumb this sounds?

I don't particularly care how dumb it sounds. I grew up with guns and I like shooting them. But I've been hearing you give the same line about guns in the u.s. for ten years. It's getting tired and I don't care to debate with you. A lot of smart people disagree with you and I'm finding them at least as persuasive as your flippant dismissals.