[lbo-talk] violent crime up

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jun 15 07:35:57 PDT 2006

Doug admits finally:

> That's not what I'm saying.

Maybe that's not what you're _meaning_ but it is what you're _saying_ ...

> But it also remains to be explained why we have all those guns.

I think I answered that: there are a variety of reasons that the overwhelmingly vast majority of a variety of people in the US buy guns, none of them having to do with murder or even violent crime. The two things -- buying guns, and doing violent crimes -- are only vaguely connected by three letters: g-u-n.

You say "It's none of your business" about other kinds of consumer behavior, but not this one? I presume that's beacuse you think it impacts you in a way that someone's pornography or sex toy purchases don't impact you. I put it to you that: why almost everyone in the US buys a gun has nothing to do with you either.

/jordan