[lbo-talk] Reps see Iraq as electoral winner

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 08:45:44 PDT 2006

Carl Remick wrote:

"GWB's plummeting ratings got a dead-cat bounce (as they say on Wall St.) from the death of Zarqawi, but in the longer-term the Republicans are doomed, doomed, doomed, no matter how feeble the Dems may seem now."

I really wish I had your crystal ball, Carl. I think even DNC mainstreamers admit that losses for the GOP do not translate to gains for Dems. Sometimes it just means more folks stay home on voting day. That is, folks that might otherwise vote GOP just stay home; they don't go out and vote Dem because they're dissatisfied. I dunno what you mean by "longer term" (20 years? After we're dead?) but the next pres. will probably be McCain or someone like him, but on the GOP ticket. Well, that's MY crystal ball says.

-B.