[lbo-talk] Reps see Iraq as electoral winner

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:07:30 PDT 2006

>From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
> "GWB's plummeting ratings got a dead-cat bounce (as they say on Wall
>St.) from the death of Zarqawi, but in the longer-term the Republicans are
>doomed, doomed, doomed, no matter how feeble the Dems may seem now."

> I really wish I had your crystal ball, Carl. I think even DNC
>mainstreamers admit that losses for the GOP do not translate to gains for
>Dems.

Much as it pains me to speak well of the Democrats, I am 100% sure there will be a Republican rout this fall.

BTW, a typo made gibberish of the end of my last post, viz.: "The Vietnam war had such a dazzling succession of 'lights at the end of the tunnel' it sometimes seemed like a strobe show. But none of these had any but lasting effect in reviving public support for the war or its advocates." That should read: "... none of these had any lasting effect ..."

Carl