[lbo-talk] violent crime up

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jun 15 18:09:22 PDT 2006

> Unfortunate, it is obvious that you are not a lawyer.

Unfortunate in that I can't just stand up and make things up like I'm sure you're taught to in law school?

Anyway, you quote 10 USC 311 that says a) we're all the militia and b) there's are two pieces of said militia, the organized and the unorganized. Do you recall saying yesterday that "the militia is pretty much recognized as the National Guard" ...? Well, no, it's not; just the organized part of it is.

Then you go on to conflate "well-organized" with "well-regulated" -- regulation seems to be clearly needed, both in the organized militia and the unorganized one, but I'll tell you this: if the right is infringed, you're going to have a helluva time regulating the unorganized part; in fact, you may have a tough time materializing it. This is the heart of the matter for 2A: it's an option, one that would be meanlingless if you couldn't count on at least some people showing up ready to fight (the British) when you needed them the most.

And finally: why did you bring up the 2A in this conversation at all? Maybe it's just a Pavlovian response, but nothing that I mentioned yesterday has a 2A angle. I guess if you don't want to have the conversation that everyone else is having, you can say "And another thing, 2A isn't an individual right" ... and start a big list of fancy case citations.

Snore.

/jordan