[lbo-talk] holy moly

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jun 16 21:03:59 PDT 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Michael Hoover wrote:

> eisenhower's foreign policy was intended to prevent national
> liberation while promoting u.s. corporate transnationalism

I used to know a woman who was doing a diss at The New School (don't know what's happened to her now) on how the US government had to prod companies to invest abroad in the 1950s - they wanted to get the dollars overseas, so they'd come back here as demand for our exports. The firms were reluctant at first. Apparently capital often needs a kick in the ass from the state to do what it needs to.

Doug