Spooks (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn going the Hitchens way?)

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Wed Jun 21 04:06:07 PDT 2006

ravi wrote:
> No, I do not think it is tactically wrong to educate the public to the
> dangers of the CIA. Whether this is best done by exposing CIA agents
> is debatable, and if I have to summarily express opinion on that
> debate, I would venture that it is a very poor method.

My understanding is that many leftists view Plamegate as a "bad management" issue rather than a more systematic problem. In a similar way, Clinton demonstrated a "failure of leadership" when he cheated on his wife with an intern; just like McDonald's managers are strictly cautioned from having personal relationships with employees. It's that banal.

But maybe it's a good hook with which to introduce ideas from figures like Ray McGovern, who describes his job at the CIA. (Heck, maybe leftists need a kind of decentralized CIA, by which I mean a functioning press which has a little more integrity than a Comedy Central "fake news show".)

Tayssir