[lbo-talk] Noonan: the party pros hate their bases

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:46:24 PDT 2006

>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>
>Just an anecdote. As many of you know, I presently
>work as an associate in the main office of one of the
>half dozen biggest baddest corporate law firms around,
>a firm ... [for] people who can afford to pay our
>heart-stopping rates. (For which the firm gives
>excellent value, in case you have a load of money and
>need to litigate something or do a really big deal.)
>
>My office is next to the office of a Very Senior
>partner who is important in the firm's admninistration
>-- a heavy, in short. ...
>
> We spoke briefly yesterday; asked each other how
>things were, I said, too much work, too little time;
>he said he was dealing with problems but there were
>always solutions. So, I said (though normally I don't
>talk politics at the office), "What's the solution to
>the Iraq War?" "Withdraw," he said.

Great, ask him to put that in writing and send it to the Democratic National Committee along with an invoice for $100,000 for services rendered. The only way to get clients to take advice seriously (for law and PR firms alike) is to charge them extortionate rates even for the most self-evident recommendations.

Carl