[lbo-talk] request for WSJ article

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 25 10:42:25 PDT 2006

On Jun 25, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Marta Russell wrote:

> Sometimes the WSJ totally surprises me in their reporting.

It's amazing, isn't it? Several times a week the front page contains a great piece that a left periodical should have done. But their reporters have a lot of resources to work with - they're allowed a long time to work on those pieces, and you get lots of access when you say you're calling from the WSJ. And besides, the left press has an insatiable quota of column inches devoted to reminding us what an awful guy Karl Rove is.

I'd be really surprised if the WSJ survives in anything like its present form for even 5 years. It's just not cost-effective.

Doug