[lbo-talk] Marine exonerated for song about killing Iraqis

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 16:59:36 PDT 2006

Marine exonerated for song about killing Iraqis

By Will Dunham 2 hours, 36 minutes ago

The U.S. military will not punish a Marine who performed an obscenity-laced song to a laughing and cheering crowd of fellow troops in Iraq making light of killing Iraqis, the Marine Corps said on Tuesday.

The Marines two weeks ago launched a preliminary inquiry into whether Cpl. Joshua Belile, who returned home from Iraq in March, violated military law or rules in singing the song, a four-minute video of which was posted on the Internet.

In the song, titled "hadji girl," Belile sang to fellow troops at a base in Iraq about encountering an Iraqi woman and her family.

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally," he sang. Laughing, clapping and cheers can be heard in the background.

[...]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060627/pl_nm/iraq_usa_song_dc