[lbo-talk] The very worst custodians of empire

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jun 28 08:49:25 PDT 2006

Chris Doss wrote:

>I can imagine pogroms in the US against Mexicans. With
>greater difficulty I can imagine them against Blacks.

How odd. Lynching blacks was routine practice and rural entertainment until the sixties. After a ten-year pause, the pogrom returned, only now it's being run by the law enforcement forces and the prison industrial complex of the U.S.

If you are a black male in this country today, this society has basically two plans for you: jail or death. 1/3 of the black mail population passes through the jail system now.

It's not as dramatic as it used to be, but it goes on going on under the cover of law and justice.

Joanna