[lbo-talk] Bartels on Frank, etc.

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Fri Mar 3 12:16:34 PST 2006

At 02:46 PM 3/3/2006, Doug Henwood wrote:
>info at pulpculture.org wrote:
>
>>Since I'm too lazy and tied up with other things, what was the thesis of
>>Frank's book anyway. I have completely forgotten?
>
>Republicans have been using "cultural issues" to lure workers to vote
>against their own economic interests. An interesting sub-theme is that the
>Reps don't mean to win the culture wars - e.g., abortion is still legal -
>they just want to inflame the masses. In the paper I posted a link to the
>other day, Ellen Willis challenges this by pointing out that abortion
>becomes less & less available all the time.
>
>Doug

http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/wlm/abortion/abortion-p07-72.jpeg

Great to see that nothing changed much, in spite of efforts -- because I was and have been part of them -- to prevent this.

So whatever. Who cares what republican strategists wanted. What they stirred up was the sentiment and since they stirred those steaming piles of fresh horse shit all around the country, there are millions of them, dried into piles of dungsticks with which the ratfucking godbags stoke the inferno of hell that will engulf this country while we cleverly give ourselves rimjobs.

S. Dakota. Mississippi and Missouri have started the ball rolling.

By the way, my son's friend discovered that it costs an entire day's wage to get a fucking morning after pill if you don't have insurance. And that's at planned parenthood!

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/02/28/outrageous/

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org