[lbo-talk] a teacher in trouble, reply to Nathan

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 4 08:09:52 PST 2006

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Yes, principled behavior is good, but folks act as
>if all acts have no costs and that media-worthy cases are so much more
>valuable than other work that is being done.

"Yes, principled behavior is good, but..." is so beautiful a phrase that it should stand on its own.

Nathan, this is business unionism at its most debased. How can a teachers union not stand up for the free-speech rights of teachers? But as I recall you were ready to throw Lynne Stewart to the wolves as well. How long before you go to work for the Hillary in 2008 campaign?

Doug