[lbo-talk] a teacher in trouble, reply to Nathan

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 4 08:12:06 PST 2006

Michael Hirsch wrote:

>One last point. Doug was being ironic in citing a Fitch "law." It
>was a trope. Don't take it at face value.

It's a polemical reduction, of course, but it's pretty broadly applicable, don't you think? Which is pretty good for a theory. Fitch told me years ago that a UAW organizer explained their failure to organize the auto parts industry by saying that the wages weren't high enough to fund a healthy dues flow. That stupidity has come around to bite the union in the ass. As will this, no doubt.

Doug