[lbo-talk] Organizing: Code for Mob Violence

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 12:38:48 PST 2006

Michael Hoover wrote:

> yeah, yeah, i know, irony doesn't travel well in cyberspace...

Tell me about it... I suspect it's because irony doesn't transliterate well into arcane, speculative political theorems that haven't worked before, and most likely will result in the same when tried again.

But it sure impresses the proles when one palavers on in a language incomprehensible to any one but the people who think in exactly the same terms. (Didn't someone hit on this earlier, and as alway, it went unresponded.)

But hey! I'm just a "hippie" [sure, right...] and that means I don't know what Marx was *really* thinking when he wrote Kapital. Like someone who studied it, and came to their own conclusions

Such thinking leads here:

theKompany.com Releases Kapital, a Personal Finance Manager for KDE Kapital is our personal finance manager package for KDE and Linux. ... Kapital has everything you need for managing all your personal finances. ... dot.kde.org/982559990/ - 86k - Cached - Similar pages - Remove result

Dog save us from libertarians who use Marx's works as a philosophical underpinning for investment. Karl rolls over in his grave laughing .

I'm pretty sure about that, even though I haven't actually observed him rolling over.... It's just one Karl anyway, and no trend or correlation is can be derived from that small a sample group.

Oh yeah, per my earlier post, and Steve Robinson's recent... Investment advice: Rowboats.

Leigh www.leighm.net http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/