[lbo-talk] Arundhati Roy

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Mar 4 15:29:03 PST 2006

> Chris Doss wrote:
>
> >FWIW, the most vicious attack on her i've seen was in
> >the eXile.
>
> Yikes. That's too harsh for me.
>
> Doug

Christ posted EXACTLY THE SAME article about two years ago:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-May/010704.html>, which became a thread, as you can see at <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-May/subject.html#10704>.

Maybe what goes around doesn't necessarily come around, but what comes up once on a discussion mailing list has a way of coming up again and again.

"What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sign and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence -- even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The external hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!' Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a God and never have I heard anything more divine.'" -- Nietzsche, The Gay Science

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>