[lbo-talk] eminent domain

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 13:56:18 PST 2006

I wrote:

> Yup. Russia/the former USSR has a hopping pop/rock
> music scene nobody outside the Russosphere has ever
> heard of, except for tatu -- and that's only because
> Tatu did some songs in English. Ukrainian rock is a
> whole genre. I think I played you some 80s Soviet
> punk
> (Grazhdanskaya Oborona) when you were here.

I add:

They do, however, play that Black-Eyed Peas song "My Hump," possibly the stupidest song ever written, endlessly.

John Cale played Moscow the other day. I didn't go, sadly.

According to the MTV Russia website (http://www.mtv.ru/air/charts/rutop10/main.wbp), the current Russian Top 10 is:

Tatu Friend or Foe Dmitrii Bilan Ya tebya lyublyu Gorod 312 Ostanyus' Zveri Do skoro vstrechi Yulia Savicheva Esli v serdste zhivet lyubov Sergei Lazarev Lost without your love Serego Vozle doma tvoego Vlad Topalov Kak zhe tak mozhet byt Dinamit Do vesny Igra Slov Alina Kabaeva

Nu, zayats, pogodi!