[lbo-talk] Hillary for President

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 5 23:01:13 PST 2006

On 3/3/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> I bet that there won't be as big a stampede among leftists to vote
> for Hillary as there was for Kerry. She conjures in the minds of
> leftist men a teacher they hated in elementary school.

"Andy F" <andy274 at gmail.com> responded: Stampede? I got the impression that even center-left types held their noses when they voted for Kerry. There was that PIPA poll that indicated that most Kerry voters knew his positions (such as they were) on the Iraq adventure even if they were opposed to same. *****************************

In my opinion, the strength of class consciousness is still too weak to allow for anything greater than the possibility of a Hillary Clinton Presidency.

Illusions?

Time for the circular firing squad! Ladies and gentlemen choose your rifles.

Members of the left will shoot each other over this issue for the next couple of years. If we had say, a strong I.W.W. by the end of 2007, circumstances would change and so would the voices and programs of the polytricksters. Assuming that this will not happen, Hillary will be the better option between the two, inevitably legitimized electoral choices put before the proletariat.

Regards, Mike B)

--

Read "The Perthian Brickburner": http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal