[lbo-talk] Arundhati Roy

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Mon Mar 6 07:26:09 PST 2006

At 09:06 AM 3/6/2006, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>The lowest point comes when Dolan says that Roy "fucked her way to
>fame." There is no need to post sexism of this sort here, let alone
>TWICE. (I suppose neither you nor B. recognized it as an instance of
>sexism.)
>
>If you are dying to post a criticism of Roy, post the one that is
>informative, not a sexist raving like this.

Thanks for doing the homework Yoshie. Somehow, I missed the "fucked her way to fame" line when I read Dolan's article. And, I'm glad you said something about the content of the book since Dolan did say she was a plagiarist.

As a student of rhetoric, you have to wonder how much of that talent has been put to use for the purposes of doing precisely what his dissertation focused on: manipulation.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org