[lbo-talk] Re: oscars

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Mar 7 05:36:20 PST 2006

Dennis Perrin asks:

> why would you go to a multiplex and spend $30-40 when you can
> wait for a film to come out on DVD or pay-per-view?

I'm travelling this week, but I had about 10 minutes of the Oscars on, and I think 5 different people made their point that "you can't get that from a DVD" -- if I was at home, I would have rewound my TiVo just to hear them say it again. And maybe paused for a few minutes to post something here about it. And then watch the opening scene from Reservoir Dogs before going back to the show. Probably catching up during a commercial and skipping that piece by the President of the Club. Can you believe it? 10 minutes, and I have to see that guy.

One thing I thought was interesting: Samuel L Jackson memorized his piece but Keanu had trouble reading the teleprompter. It's almost like he doesn't memorize lines for a living or something.

/jordan