[lbo-talk] REAL divestiture, or just an Enron style bookkeeping fraud?

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Mar 11 13:12:30 PST 2006

CONGRESS MUST ENFORCE DIVESTITURE OF ALL FOREIGN GOVERNMENT CONTROL AND OWNERSHIP OVER OUR PORTS

ACTION PAGE: http://www.nocrony.com/port_undeal.php

We the people have spoken and we don't like the idea of handing over control of our major ports to a firm owned and controlled by the United Arab Emirates.

Even though they have ALREADY closed on the sale of our port services to the United Arab Emirates, they are telling us that they will divest that part of the deal. But will it be a REAL divestiture, or just an Enron style bookkeeping fraud?

What Congress must now do is pass a law that says that NO foreign government can be allowed to exercise such control over our ports, and the president must sign it. And not with one of those fingers crossed behind the back signing statements. And not treating the acts of Congress as if they are nothing more than "suggestions". It must be the law of the land, and the president must enforce it as he is obligated to do so under the Constitution. And they better consider some firm besides Halliburton to take it over.

ACTION PAGE: http://www.nocrony.com/port_undeal.php

Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed to be ours, and forward this message to everyone else you know.

If you would like to get alerts like these, you can do so at http:// www.usalone.com/in.htm

Or if you want to cease receiving our messages, just use the function at http://www.usalone.com/out.htm