[lbo-talk] Sharon, man of peace

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 13 10:27:55 PST 2006

"Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for Israel, to kill as many Arabs as necessary, to deport them, to expel and burn them, to have everyone hate us, to pull the rug from underneath the feet of the Diaspora Jews, so that they will be forced to run to us crying. Even if it means blowing up one or two synagogues here and there, I don't care. And I don't mind if after the job is done you put me in front of a Nuremberg Trial and then jail me for life. Hang me if you want, as a war criminal..."

- from an Interview with Ariel Sharon published in the Israeli daily Davar Dec. 17, 1982