[lbo-talk] Re: Sharon, man of peace

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Mar 13 12:55:33 PST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Seth Kulick wrote:

> This is from the Amos Oz interview. But Oz never identified the person as
> Sharon (only as "C." or "Z."), and I think has actually denied it.

Oz has explicitly denied it. He says it was a different soldier who died in 1991. And one who made him promise never to reveal his identity even after death.

On the other hand, as Bryan Atinsky pointed out last time we discussed this onlist, if Oz had agreed to cover his identity, he would have been compelled to deny it at a certain point.

On the third hand, there seems to be frankly a lot of dubiousness grown up around the interviews in Oz's book, and a lot of speculation that they all might be composites at best, and artistic license at worst.

So at this point the stuff in his book seems like bad quality evidence for anything.

Although it's still kind of evocative as a novelistic portrait of a county told by a cast of different characters.

Michael