[lbo-talk] Fight the taboo on the use of the word "racist"

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:56:14 PST 2006

The GOPsters are racist, yes, but using that word too much weakens its meaning. After all, the Demoncrats are also largely racist, no? at least many of the white ones?

also, it's good to highlight the structural/institutional elements of racism (something that liberals typically ignore, treating it as just a matter of subjectivity).

I've seen some critics of Bush suggest that _he_ isn't personally racist. That says something about the over-use of the term, doesn't it?