[lbo-talk] query: National Association of Scholars

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 15:06:08 PST 2006

On 3/13/06, Mike Hirsch wrote:
> The group was formed as a breakaway from the American Historical
> Association/Organization of American Historians, most prominently featuring
> that fun couple Gene and Betsy Fox Genovese, It then opened its tent to
> other disgruntled ex-lefties. If your bro is a social conservative in the
> NAS, he's probably in the right group. Let him enjoy.

yeah, maybe. But I think I think the fact that the NAS gets funds from the "usual suspects" of right-wing nabobs may work on him. (Heck, let delusions of grandeur rein: underming the Rhode Island branch of the NAS might cause a domino effect...) -- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles