[lbo-talk] working class joke....

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 18:00:11 PST 2006

City slicker curious about country life, decides to visit a farm. He drives up to the first farm he sees and asks the local farmer if he'd mind showing him around. Glad for the change of pace, the farmer gives him a tour, proudly showing off his freshly tilled fields, his full granaries, his vegetable garden, his chickens, his goats, and so forth. The city slicker is fascinated. Finally, they get to the pig pen, where the farmer points to a most magnificent porker -- munching his mash...and sporting a wooden leg.

Amazed, the city slicker says to the farmer, "That's a magnificent animal, but tell me, what happened? Why does he have a wooden leg?"

"Oh, this pig!" says the farmer, "An extraordinary animal. Let me tell you... last fall, I was plowing the north forty when my tractor overturned, pinning me underneath. No one could hear me call; I would have been crushed to death. But this pig, comes tearing out, digs a tunnel underneath me, grabs me by the collar, and drags me out. There's no question but that he saved my life."

"Wow, " says the slicker, "that's quite a pig."

"Oh, that's nothing," says the farmer, "This spring, my daughter left a pot on the stove, and a fire started in the kitchen. We were all asleep upstairs. Would have burned down the house, would have burned us alive. But this pig...he smells the fire...comes tearing into the house, he rushes up the stairs, he wakes everyone up -- we put out the fire and we're all safe. He saved my house and he saved my whole family. An amazing animal!"

"Right," says the slicker, "but what about the wooden leg?"

"Well, see, the way it is," says the farmer, "a pig like that, you don't wanna eat all at once!"

--

joanna.bujes at sun.com x31944