[lbo-talk] HUAC comes to Pacifica Radio Again

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:41:52 PST 2006

Thanks for this report James and hi, I did not know you were on this list. This is indeed a bizarre move, but typical of the 'Justice and Unity' inquisitors whose high priests, now that they have a controllng majority of the PNB, can push through such silly, resource wasting measures. Fortunately my comrade Lavarn Williams, the only pro-listener rep from KPFA (and incidentally a black woman) - sees through their b.s. Less fortunately, Mary Berg (staff rep), Rosalinda Palacios and Sarv Randhawa also from KPFA always vote with the entrenched staff on the LSB and generally ally themselves with Bob "Federal" Lederer and his JUC gang. Why? Because they share a dislike of accountability and transparency. A marriage made, well, in Pacifica.....

The only way to mitigate this ruinous trend is to get more listeners in all the station areas involved - including running for seats on the LSB or volunteering for committees etc. If you care, get involved, otherwise don't be surprised if you hear only more of these reports.

Joe W.