[lbo-talk] a vile cesspit of a film

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 08:57:17 PST 2006

Stroszek was one of the grimmest movies I have ever seen. The video cartoon blurbed it as a "comedy."

I remember that Assyrian-themed building -- I never knew what was inside it though.

--- From: "Dennis Claxton" <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>

from a review of the movie version of The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things:

"But now that we know that (J.T.) LeRoy is a chimera created by a writer with equal gifts for fiction and fraud, Deceitful is a vile cesspit of a film with no redeeming qualities at all. It’s one of those icky movies about the United States that certain kinds of Europeans like to make­imagine Werner Herzog’s Stroszek

Nu, zayats, pogodi!