[lbo-talk] Fwd: [PEN-L] Kevin Phillips: declinist

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 11:16:46 PST 2006

I don't believe in "peak oil," but the likely environmental consequences of our continued oil addiction are of a similar magnitude to the posited results of peak oil. Different, but similar in terms of costs.

On 3/16/06, Steven L. Robinson <srobin21 at comcast.net> wrote:

> From the review it looks like Phillips addresses "peak oil" in this book.
> One wonders whether he actually believes it (or just sees a ploy increase
> sales of his book) and whether his voice is representative of the circles of
> power in which he once traveled. SR

-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles