[lbo-talk] Fwd: [PEN-L] Kevin Phillips: declinist

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 16 12:07:09 PST 2006

Whay do you mean you don't "believe" in peak oil? That an endless supply of oil is available? That the amount available is so great that it will last for hundreds of more years at the current rate of consumption and that the vast majority of oil geologists are wrong? That the peak will be passed with no significant change in price and/or availability and that the transition to alternative fuels will be relatively painless?

Saying you don't believe in peak oil is a bit like saying you don't believe in global warming. Which projection do you disagree with or do you think the scientists involved have just gotten it all spectacularly wrong?

John Thornton