[lbo-talk] Misusing "Racism", was Re: Bush down to 33%; public loves posturingxenophobiccongress

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Mar 16 12:47:14 PST 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> -It comes back to not wanting to label our societies structure as racist. -Nathan doesn't want to do that unless he's backed into a corner. -He'd rather deny the individual racism of an individual and leave it at that.

Yes, if you don't defend the poor oppressed emirs of the UAE on their right to own coastal real estate, you don't believe in racism. Oh bullshit.

Institutional racism is systematically detaining Arab-Americans int he wake of 911 and jailing them. Institutional racism is not talking about the body count of Iraqi civilians killed.

Institutional racism is many things. I just don't buy it's attacking rich plutocrats in Dubai who rape their own foreign employees for kicks.

This whole response to the ports controversy is political correctness in the worst sense of it-- idiotic liberals defending those who deserve no defense because they worry the language used might be interpreted as racist.

-- Nathan Newman